NADE 2017 Conference
NADE 2017 will be March 1-4, 2017, in Oklahoma City's Bricktown District at the Oklahoma City
Renaissance Convention Center Hotel. Bricktown is rich with history, full of beauty, and alive with constant activity.
OKADE (Oklahoma Association for Developmental Education) will be the sponsoring chapter.
NADE Job Fair at ConferencePlease contact Janet O'Brien or Curtis Ricker if you are interested in talking to institutional representatives about openings or if your institution is interested in interviewing conference participants.
Consider Hosting a Conference...If your chapter would like to speak with someone about ho sting a future NADE conference, please contact NADE Conference Manager Karen Patty-Graham.
NADE Conference Planning Manual
The NADE Conference Planning Manual is an invaluable source for both those currently involved in national conference planning and those contemplating a national conference hosted by their chapter. View the CPM with appendices in PDF format here.
Check here for information about scheduled national conferences. NADE's goal is to schedule conferences several years in advance.
- March 1–4, 2017 is at the Cox Convention Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73102 (hosted by Oklahoma Association for Developmental Education (OKADE), (website)
- February 21–24, 2018 is at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, National Harbor, MD.
- March 6–9, 2019 is at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis in Atlanta, GA.
- March 4–7, 2020 is at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, TN.
NADE Digest, Fall – 2016
“The New (Old) NADE”
- A Position Paper by the Executive Board on the State of the Association
Chronicle of Higher Education
- Remedial Educators Warn of
Misconceptions Fueling a Reform Movement
NADE Executive Board comment on the Higher Education Reauthorization Act
Journal of Developmental Education Outstanding Articles:
- Addressing Flawed Research in
- Effective Student Assessment and Placement: Challenges and Recommendations
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is pleased to announce that our second white paper, Assessment of Learning Assistance Programs is now available online for free download.
The Terrain of College Reading (CRLA Whitepaper)
A Common Framework for Remedial Reporting: Response to Remedial Reporting Task Force Recommendations. Download PDF.
A Cure for Remedial Reporting Chaos: Why the U.S. Needs a Standard Method for Measuring Preparedness for the First Year of College. Download PDF
Previous postings are here.
Be Sure to Check Out
Donate to NADE. Help NADE continue its good work on behalf of developmental students. NADE is on the IRS list, "Exempt Organizations Select Check," as "eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions." Make your donation here. Thank you!
Certification. The program components eligible for certification are Tutoring Services, Course-based Learning Assistance, and Developmental Coursework. Learn more...