NADE provides its members with subscriptions to numerous professional publications designed to inform the membership and provide professional development. Most issues are available to the general public on-line through the links below.
- NADE Digest
- NADE Newsletter
- Journal of Developmental Education (JDE). (three issues per academic year, published by the National Center for Developmental Education). A personal subscription is included with an Individual NADE membership. In contrast, NADE members covered by an Institutional/Program membership share the copies of the JDE sent to their IP's contact person. Because NADE does not hold the copyright on the JDE, we cannot provide links to its content. Check your local library for past issues, or contact the National Center for Developmental Education for information about past issues.
- Resolutions/Position Statements
- NADE Fact Sheet
- Annual Reports
- NADE Self-Evaluation Guides can be ordered from H&H Publishing through their website.
- NADE Conference Planning Manual
Although no longer in publication, past issues of the Monograph and the Selected Conference Papers can be found through the links below.
Other Publications of InterestThe remainder of the publications listed here are not published by NADE, but may be of strong interest to NADE members.
Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS). The 2009 edition of CAS Professional Standards for Higher Education, often referred to as the CAS Blue Book or the CAS Book of Standards, is the seventh iteration of professional standards generated and promulgated by the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS). This edition contains 26 previously published functional area standards, along with 9 standards that have recently undergone major revision and 5 new standards that appear for the first time in this edition. This brings the total number of functional area standards to 40, including the standard for Masters-Level Student Affairs Professional Preparation Programs. CAS continues to attract interest from professionals across higher education, whether they are seeking to use existing professional standards or to develop new ones. (From the Prologue) Order your copy here.
Journal of Higher Education (JHE). For an additional fee paid directly to its publisher, by special cooperative arrangement with the Journal of Higher Education, NADE members may subscribe to this research-based publication for only $47, a 33% discount over the normal price of $70 annually. JHE is published by the Ohio State University Press. For more information, visit their website or contact them at 614-292-1407.
NADE Digest, Fall – 2016
“The New (Old) NADE”
- A Position Paper by the Executive Board on the State of the Association
Chronicle of Higher Education
- Remedial Educators Warn of
Misconceptions Fueling a Reform Movement
NADE Executive Board comment on the Higher Education Reauthorization Act
Journal of Developmental Education Outstanding Articles:
- Addressing Flawed Research in
- Effective Student Assessment and Placement: Challenges and Recommendations
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is pleased to announce that our second white paper, Assessment of Learning Assistance Programs is now available online for free download.
The Terrain of College Reading (CRLA Whitepaper)
A Common Framework for Remedial Reporting: Response to Remedial Reporting Task Force Recommendations. Download PDF.
A Cure for Remedial Reporting Chaos: Why the U.S. Needs a Standard Method for Measuring Preparedness for the First Year of College. Download PDF
Previous postings are here.
Be Sure to Check Out
Donate to NADE. Help NADE continue its good work on behalf of developmental students. NADE is on the IRS list, "Exempt Organizations Select Check," as "eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions." Make your donation here. Thank you!
Certification. The program components eligible for certification are Tutoring Services, Course-based Learning Assistance, and Developmental Coursework. Learn more...